Welcome to our Governors' section.
Please find below details of how our Governing body is structured, including the names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each Governor.
We have also provided a Register of Governor Interests and an Annual Statement of Issues for your information.
The Governing Body
The Governing Body is like a board of directors and makes decisions about how the school is run. They meet once a term as a full governing body and twice a term in their working party groups.
Governors are appointed to help:
• Decide what is taught
• Set standards of behaviour
• Interview and select staff
• Monitor Headteacher and Staff performance
School Governors are:
• Teachers at the school
• Non-teaching staff
• Local council representatives
• County Council representatives
• Community representatives, businessmen and
• Have a child at the school
• Are elected by the parents of the children in the school
• Serve, as do other governors, for four years
Parent Governors bring the views of parents to the governing body but speak and act as individuals. They have equal status in the work of the governing body and have voting rights.
The Governors are responsible for producing an annual report to the parents.
|Mr M Rogers||Headteacher Governor|
|Mr W Chatt||Co-opted Governor (Chair)|
|Mrs C Guest||Co-opted Governor (Vice Chair)|
|Mr P Goodyear||Co-opted Governor|
|Mr D Billing||Local Authority Governor|
|Mr I Robinson||Staff Governor (Teaching)|
|Mrs C Robertson||Co-opted Governor|
|Mr D Blackburn||Co-opted Governor|